1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

8th gen to 7th gen

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by crb530, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Offline

crb530 Member

Message Count:
    8th gen to 7th gen

hey i was wondering if any one new how much molding would need to be done to make a 8th gen body kit or lip kit to fit on a 7th gen
  2. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Too much for the front and rear. The side skirts should be easy though. But why bother? The 7th gen has a lot more options for lip kits than the 8th gen anyways. Plus you Japanese parts available for you. :)
  3. Offline

crb530 Member

Message Count:
    i was just wondering cause im looking around and i like a bunch of the 8th gen kits like the trd kits

or the toms full body kit for the 7th gen

hey your in california where is a good place for plain that doesnt cost much
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    You mean paint? One Day Paint is a good place. It would run around 800 for a decent job. If you have connections, you can get it done for a lot cheaper. My friend just got her S2K painted for 400. :D
  5. Offline

crb530 Member

Message Count:
    yeah i did mean paint sorry

really i was looking into oneday

do they do a good job masking stuff off

and i was looking at doing a new color cause i hate my color

sorry about me spelling i know it sucks
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Yeah, they do a good job. Just tip the guy that's going to paint your car really well. :) And don't get the basic package.
  7. Offline

05rx8ajoun New Member

Message Count:
    Ok, so i'm looking for a simple front and rear lip for my 00 corolla. Kind of like Mr. Shyguys, how and where would i be able to find one???? anyone??
  8. Offline

crb530 Member

Message Count:
    oh thats sweet what about changing colocrs do you know if they do a good job with that and do you know how much they would charge for color change
  9. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    1985 Maxima Blue RIP, 2000 Corolla White SOLD, 1993 300zx Conv. Pearl White DD, 2004 350z Roadster Pearl White DD
    - retracted -
  10. Offline

WhitePearl New Member

Message Count:
    Well, I put a 9th gen kit on an 8th gen corolla, and I can tell u now, it isnt gonna be cheap. Ur looking between $2-4k, depending how much fiberglass work will have to be done. Also, plan to be without ur car for probably a month. U would must likely have to mold in the front, rear, and side skirts to the car, meaning no ability to remove ur bumpers. My advise, buy a kit meant for ur car, save up for a good paint job $500-1k. and enjoy. If ur gonna change the color of the car, ask if the paint job includes the engine bay, or where they stop with the cut in. Hope this helps.
  11. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    I'm guessing on your car there's no way to lower the front to match the rear wheel gap without having the front bumper commit suicide.
  12. Offline

WhitePearl New Member

Message Count:
    Thats a negative, Im on stock springs and struts. I barley have 5" clearence in the front, and 4" in the rear. If I have 4 ppl in the car, I can barley fit 2 fingers under my rear side fenders :shutup: . Ive already cracked the front lip alittle. Lowering my car, would be suicide. My only option is to go bigger wheels, which Im looking for 17's that appeal to me, and are 4x100. :rolleyes: