1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine 4agze pistons in a 7afe?

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by Basik1, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Offline

Basik1 New Member

Message Count:
    4agze pistons in a 7afe? Just trying to find bests for 7afe.

Im a searching freak and now I see a few sites saying 4agze pistons in the 7afe? Good or bad? Worth it? How much work and what must be done? I must be so annoying lol. Sorry :shutup:

just read it wont work lol sorry.

Im just trying to find the best ideas and easy work to upgrade my 7afe.

not a swap or turbo supercharger stuff.
  2. Offline

DOT. Noypi ako!

Message Count:
    You're ditching the 4A-FE pistons to 7A-FE idea? (http://trdforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42342)

Some questions I want to ask:
    - What do you want to achieve?
    - How much are you willing to spend?

If you're REALLY going to build your 7A and you got funds to burn, a screaming 7A-GE 20V or a 7A-GTE would be nice. NOT in anyway cheap unless you do your own labor and get the parts for free.;)
  3. Offline

Basik1 New Member

Message Count:
    Lol well I was told it would do worse if I did a 4afe piston swap so I went on browsing and found the 4agze and then read more and saw that 4agze was no good aswell. So confused lol. The 7age 16v was what I wanted to go for but thats way out of my budget and too much work so it would be very expensive. What can $1500 do? Im just looking for a little more power but would love to have more torque. Live in 5 boroughs of NY so dont need to be super fast when traffic lights are everywhere.
  4. Offline

DOT. Noypi ako!

Message Count:
    To be honest $1,500 wouldn't make it far if your looking for a built 7A. For that amount, just fix whatever "maintenance" that need to be attended to (ie. freshen up your bushings, tune-up, flush your liquids, ). I'd rather have a reliable car than a modded one with squeaking, clanking, rattling sound here and there. Well, this is just my .02cents. ;)

BTW, where did you get the information that a 4A-GZE piston fit a 7A block?
  5. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    I agree with DOT. Take care of your maintenance first. If you're paying for labor to install pistons then it's not worth it. You're better off swapping in a new motor. 4ag or 4agze would work.
  6. Offline

Basik1 New Member

Message Count:
    Yeah You are right. It does need Maintenance. So I guess headers cat back Intake Underdrive and a good ol tune up would be good enough. Thanks guys. Im more into show cars than anything else anyway. Like speed but would rather have jaws drop than a speeding ticket lol.I will be bothering everyone on opinions once I get it to the way I like it and put up pics.