1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bzzsan, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:

SOOOO, I was driving to work this morning on 59 paying attention to the road and what not when i hear a vrroomy sound to my left, so i look over and i see 4 tailpipes and 4 round lights->360 modena challenge ..in blue! So i'm like cool, ive never seen one of those on the road before...anyway he was driving pretty aggressively and weaving and hauling ass so i just drove regularly but then sped up when i saw that he was getting off at my exit and then he got off at the exit that i was getting off at. So the light is red, 2 lanes...but theres a car already in the right lane so he goes in the left and i duck in behind him. So i was like hmmmm let me try something..so i revved, and to follow suit he did too :shock: :shock: . Oh man, i almost melted in my seat, we were right next to an underpass so the sound bounced around a bit...ive never heard a ferrari at high rpm's in real life but it was sah-weet, now i know why they use word like "melodious" in magazines and stuff. So anyway, light turns green and i see some gray exhaust smoke, some black tire smoke, and hear some exhaust music and he was GONE he had already chirped 2nd by the time my mouth finished dropping and started to go. Its not like i was gonna try to race him, but that was pretty rediculous. Anyway, there's my story.

P.S. disclaimer. this was pretty cool to me, but it might not seem too cool to those that live in a car capital city in california or something like that and see 360's everyday :)
  2. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    Dude I know exactly how you feel. This one pulled up to a stoplight here, not racing or anything, and I almost cried when I heard it rev. That road it was on is poplulated by ricers, and when i heard that engine it was the nicest sound Id ever heard. Ya man, I know what your feeling.
  3. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    that is sweet i saw a 4dr Skyline and a buncha other cool cars like S15's ferrari's and stuff in Singapore and everytime i felt that way.
  4. Offline

jessetc Guest

Message Count:
    i didnt know skylines came in 4 doors. Is that the same as a g35? if not what are the specs on the 4dr?
  5. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    i think i've only seen one 360 modena here and it was parking right in front of a resteraunt, hmmm i wonder why? :roll:
  6. Offline

jessetc Guest

Message Count:
    i remember my school had a marathon and on our way back to school, we saw a ferrai and it looked like a maranello, drven by an old couple...one of the guys skinny tall sweaty and shirt less walked up to the car, knocked on the window giving a thumbs up and mouthing the words..."nice car" the man inside got really really angry and scared but he was at a red light so he stared straight ahead. speaking of nice cars, i was on my way to chilis and was lost, ended up in a nice neighborhood, i was at a red light and two cars turned in front of me.....one champagne sl 500 and one black sl55 right behind it....talkin justification for education
  7. Offline

jessetc Guest

Message Count:
    i remember my school had a marathon and on our way back to school, we saw a ferrai and it looked like a maranello, drven by an old couple...one of the guys skinny tall sweaty and shirt less walked up to the car, knocked on the window giving a thumbs up and mouthing the words..."nice car" the man inside got really really angry and scared but he was at a red light so he stared straight ahead. speaking of nice cars, i was on my way to chilis and was lost, ended up in a nice neighborhood, i was at a red light and two cars turned in front of me.....one champagne sl 500 and one black sl55 right behind it....talkin justification for education
  8. Offline

koreanskater84 Guest

Message Count:
    [IMG]

ya its like a family sedan version of the skyline..horsepower can range differntly from wat type u pick..

RB25DET[NEOストレート6] =280PS/6400rpm
    RB25DE[NEOストレート6] = 200PS/6000rpm
    RB20DE[NEOストレート6] = 155PS/6400rpm

oo btw...ストレート76 means inline 6...or straight 6
  9. Offline

shortys408 Guest

Message Count:
    i see those type of cars every day all the time. in my neighborhood heh.
  10. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    i got pix of the skyline 4dr. i'll post them up probalby tomorrow.
  11. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    I dont like that car at all, Ive seen them before. It shouldnt even be called a skyline.
  12. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    I'd drive it.
  13. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    RollaS you will drive anything. Anything is better than what you got! :lol:
  14. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    Why does it say you have an engine swap here.......yet in your other post you claim to have a turbo and 100 shot of NOS.

Which one is it?
  15. Offline

Bolt Guest

Message Count:
    haha RollaS looks like you picked up an angry 14yr old somewhere.. I think he's following you around now
  16. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    it appears so :x
  17. Offline

jessetc Guest

Message Count:
    I was bored and decided to drive around...cruise i guess. and i was on I-10 and i the freeway wasnt congested yet. In my rearview mirror i saw a car coming pretty fast with really bright lights, at first i thought it was it was just an annoying rice rocket. Then it got closser, i thought i saw an oversized grill, but when it got even closer, it turned out to be an oversized intercooler. I changed lanes to let it pass me so i can see what kind of car it was. My god i thought i saw a skyline, i promise u guys it looked exactly like it no cheesy body kits, the fit and finish looked perfect from behind i saw the nissan badge wtih the word "Skyline" perfectly spaced out on the back. The paint job was the color changing one, gold and greenish. I wanted to make sure it was a real skyline so i sped up, luckly the freeway was getting congested, i was side by side with it. I was assuming he wasnt driving aggressivly. But to my disappointment it was a left hand drive. But i swear it looked exactly like a skyline on the outside....such a tease
  18. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    i saw something a few days ago that tops them all... brand spankin new lamborgini marcialago in a kfc drive thru :shock: i saw that thing and almost ran my car off the road i was so suprised. i never figured anyone would actually be able to afford one
  19. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    it coulda still been a skyline........a lot of imported skylines are converted to left side drive. I'm pretty sure that's all what motorex does to all of them they import.
  20. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    As far as i know, Motorex never converts them to left-side drive. They keep all imported skylines RHD as far as im aware.
  21. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yeah, I know the feeling of hearing cars that make you want to cry.
  22. Offline

renandabomb New Member

Message Count:
    down here in san jose, california, the local acura dealership owner owns a skyline r33 gtr that i see every so often. there are plenty of ferraris and 911 porsches to go around here as well.
  23. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    Importers, dont change to LHD. people who spend that kinda money keep it LHD :wink:

I dont know what kinda car it could have been?

The specs are the same as the standasrd Skyline (they just dont come in the GT-R version with 4 doors). Either a straight 4 or 6 cylinder.