1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine 2GR-FE Engine and C60/C64 Transaxle Specifications Request

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by Renesis, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Offline

Renesis New Member

Message Count:
    Hello there, I am going to be building a kit car over the next year or so and was looking into using a 2GR-FE given it's price/performance ratio when stock. I am probably going to mate it to a Toyota C60 or C64 E153 (or other) transaxle.

1.) Unfortunately my Google-fu has not been up to par on this case and I have been unable to find several pieces of information, specifically the Weight and Dimensions of both units. (distance between the drive flanges is especially crucial in this build)

2.) There are quite a few of both of these in junkyards around Florida so I would have no problem pulling the Engine/Harness and Transaxle from wrecked cars in the area, but do any companies sell the 2GR-FE and/or the C60/C64 as a turnkey setup? I have the feeling that buying one from a dealer would save me a significant amount of hassle.

Thanks for your help
    -Mitch
  2. Offline

crolla "Wait did I just lose to a corolla?"

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    ZZE110
  3. Offline

Renesis New Member

Message Count:
    OK, I gave them an email, no dimensions yet but I did get a correction. The Toyota-made 6 speed manual that Lotus mates to the 2GR-FE isn't the C64 (as used in the Exige) but a diesel one. No idea which one though, they suggested an E153 for my purposes.
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    ZZE110
    Oh okay, at least you got some info. Transmission wise, if im not mistaken, the 5spd transmission from the 1st gen scion tc should bolt up also shuld the 5spd from the 06-11 camrys.

I noticed you already have the E153 there, which is the camry transmission
  5. Offline

Renesis New Member

Message Count:
    I got a couple emails back but still no specs, and they seem to have stopped responding. I don't suppose one of you fine chaps would crawl under your car with a tape measure and help me out? I just need the width between the transaxle stubs (There should be a universal joint on either side of the differential that connects to a short axle that connects to another universal joint, and the wheels). The transaxle stubs should attach directly to the universal joints that are closest to the differential.

I'd owe you cookies if you did this, and I would totally pay up.
    -Mitch
  6. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    Im not sure if anyone here drives that car. Which one is it again? I'd love to help if I could.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    ZZE110
    its the motor that comes in the 09 camry v6 se