1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

$27 oem foglights? for '01-'02

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Bhavesh, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Offline

Bhavesh New Member

Message Count:
  2. Offline

Legit01Rolla Active Member

Message Count:
    looks trash to me
  3. Offline

JordanInc ZZE110

Message Count:
    sounds like BS, the picture shown isnt even a 01-02 rolla
  4. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    1985 Maxima Blue RIP, 2000 Corolla White SOLD, 1993 300zx Conv. Pearl White DD, 2004 350z Roadster Pearl White DD
    be sure you know if it plastic or glass, oem are glass just so you know
  5. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    TYC would probably be plastic.
  6. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    That does look like the oem fogs. Ive heard people bought aftermarket depo/tyc fogs for the 01/02 and they didnt fit properly. Ive heard same stories for 9thgen owners.
  7. Offline

rayray1 Active Member

Message Count:
    I would pass on those....
  8. Offline

benzo36 Bowlaholic

Message Count:
    Yup, I'd pass on those. Try ebay.
  9. Offline

JordanInc ZZE110

Message Count:
    try craigslist ^_^
  10. Offline

KrypticKarma ~2001 Corrizm~

Message Count:
    buy one and check out the quality of it. If it is junk your only out $30.00. What if it really is as good as the oem fogs? then you saved yourself some money. Its worth a shot and what do you have to lose besides $30.00 IMO

Read below the price..

Your satisfaction is guaranteed

This is a brand new aftermarket Fog Light Assembly driver side for a 2001 TOYOTA COROLLA from a quality manufacturer and is not a remanufactured, refurbished or a factory second part. We guarantee this part will look and perform like the part it is replacing and that you will be completely satisfied with your purchase or you can return it for a full refund anytime within 90 days of purchase.
  11. Offline

Bhavesh New Member

Message Count:
    ok, I'm back from traveling south east asia!

now back to business: the fog lights look like they're made by TYC

[IMG]

they felt like a standard casing; didn't feel particularly cheap, and it has an adjustment for aiming the lights

[IMG]

and to my surprise, it looks like the lenses are made of glass (as shown by the print on the casing)

[IMG]

installation was not difficult at all

the first thing to do was remove the dummy covers; they came off easily by pushing on the tabs from the inside of the bumper:

[IMG]

by slightly pulling and twisting from the front, the dummy covers eventually came out:

[IMG]

what you're left with is just a hole, but if you look carefully you can see the guide holes which ensures everything lines up properly

[IMG]

all that's left is "popping" the fog light into place, and securing it with a wing nut or M5 nut

before:

[IMG]

after:

[IMG]

[IMG]

next step: wiring!
  12. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Glass? Not a bad deal at all. :)
  13. Offline

benzo36 Bowlaholic

Message Count:
    Looks good!
  14. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    1985 Maxima Blue RIP, 2000 Corolla White SOLD, 1993 300zx Conv. Pearl White DD, 2004 350z Roadster Pearl White DD
    dudes on ebay are sell glass fog light for 01-02 for cheap now, real glass too check it out
  15. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
    I wanna see that wiring!
  16. Offline

asn13oy Stepping Stones

Message Count:
    ...as opposed to fake glass?...:D

Sorry, I'm an ass, I couldn't help myself. :shutup:
  17. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    i ment, they sell real glass fogs

other sell plastic fogs, but the truth is the plastic fogs on ebay are more expensive then the glass fogs.
  18. Offline

JordanInc ZZE110

Message Count:
    i heard ebay foglights suck...cuz of its poor fitment and wiring harness problems
  19. Offline

Bhavesh New Member

Message Count:
    that is only true recently

I had been watching the price of fog lights on eBay since I got the car, and my observations found that the cheapest eBay fog lights were $65/side

then recently (after I found the above website), I found that some eBay vendors were also selling single fog lights (ie. just the right or left side) for $25-$30, so when I asked why one side was cheaper than the other, the vendors told me that the price of the foglights went down for them, so they were able to sell them cheaper

so yes, the ebay glass ones are finally cheap, but that was only a recent change

this might take me a day or so...I want to be able to control the fog lights independent of the headlights and high beams, so I'll be running my own wiring and attaching my own relays :sad:

for others interested in the wiring, you should know that most corollas are pre-wired for fog lights, so all you would need are the fog lights, the toyota relay, and a new turn signal stalk with a fog light switch on it, then plug everything in to work
  20. Offline

CDD New Member

Message Count:

So those pics of the fog lights are from the LINK that you put on your firts post?

Im looking for a pair of fog lights with the wiring included for my 01 S and no luck :( :mad: :sad:
  21. Offline

Bhavesh New Member

Message Count:
    yes, the fog lights in the pics I posted are from the link to the logical-source website in my first post

why do you need fog lights for your S? don't they come standard?

if not, isn't the car pre-wired for it?

I got them wired up today, and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out

[IMG]

[IMG]

I ended up just running my own wires, installing my own relay, tapping power off the battery, and using a relay (with a trigger power coming off a switched ignition source, so that they turn off with the car)...this way I can control the fog lights independent of the headlights, and can keep them on, even when the high beams are on

I'm going to change out the bulb to a 2500K/yellow Nokya bulb for the "fog light" look

now if I could only find time to disable the DRL/auto headlights and make a panel for the switches, I'll be all set!
  22. Offline

JordanInc ZZE110

Message Count:
    very niceeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
  23. Offline

CDD New Member

Message Count:
    Nice Job!! and thanks for the web site info.

Like I said in a nother post that even so cars here on Puerto Rico are US spec in every detail (sometime federal regulations sucks) many models oriented to the US market don't get here.

The wiring part I will have to double check that since I will be picking up the car on Tuesday since it's not mine yet :p.

Once more thanks for the info
  24. Offline

Bhavesh New Member

Message Count:
    update: they pretty much do exactly what I was expecting factory fog lights to do

they do help with nighttime driving by illuminating the ground directly in front of the car, and a little bit to each side, outside of the regular headlight beam pattern

overall I'm pretty happy with the purchase, and am 100% satisfied that this entire project cost me ~$68 instead of the $135+ that I was originally planning on spending