1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

2012 Scion iQ

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by 1337Rolla, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    "
    MORE THAN MEETS THE iQ.

Scion is bringing a "smarter" car to the road with its micro-subcompact 2012 iQ. Don't let its small size fool you. This car is a pint-sized 4-seater loaded with Bluetooth® and HD Radio™ technology and fuel efficiency all within a modern, intelligent design. It's also big on safety with its 11 standard airbags and Star Safety System™. All of this comes with a 3-year/36,000-mile comprehensive warranty, a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty and complimentary Scion Service Boost, starting at just $15,995†.

Prototype vehicle shown with optional equipment. Production model may vary. †MSRP includes delivery processing, and handling fee. Excludes taxes, title, license, and other optional equipment. Dealer price may vary. *EPA-estimated fuel economy for 2012 iQ is 36 city/37 hwy."

It comes with the 1.3L Dual-VVTI engine. MSRP $15,265. Who in their right mind will buy this?!?

I have waited 4 years for the iQ with the 1.0L & manual transmission that gets 47mpg (us standard) and they give us this thing.
  2. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    I've been trying to hold back on cussing lately but, seriously, fuck this car. Id rather have a vw TDI 45 miles to the gallon with a turbo.
    Added: Jul 23, 2011 4:09 AM
    Or something like that.
  3. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    I'd rock it.
  4. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    Well you have a vagina so that makes sense.lol jkjk
  5. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    Nah, its just that Toyotas are for smart people, hence the "IQ," VW are for hippies and stoners. :p

[IMG]
  6. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    Hence me getting a vdub.lol
  7. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    I would like a VW, some of em are pretty pimp.
  8. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    The one Ikon is reppin is pretty sick but id rather have a GLI. my neighbor has one stanced and its gorgeous. makes me drool sometimes.
  9. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    I would want a earlier GTI 2000-2005
  10. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    The whole euro scene is something I could get into, makes me wanna bag my car... get the perfect stance that way.
  11. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    we had one at the dealership.

basically, it is our corolla minus a few doors and a few cubic feet of interior space.....and a lot less engine power.

idk about you guys, but I AVERAGE 35mpg...

edit: they also have an available big brake kit, suspension set up (springs, sways, struts, bars) and possible a centrifugal supercharger in the future.
  12. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Well you either drive insanely slow and don't use anything as far as accessories go, which I highly doubt, so you have obviously done something to enhance that? Well I know with a good intake/exhaust you can have a gain in horsepower OR mpg, not both. So maybe you do drive like an old lady?
  13. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    i would stick with the tdi over that car, but you're paying 10k more. this is an entry level car for first time buyers or a car for parents to buy their kids.
  14. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    somehow I manage to get 38 hwy, 20 city (aka. sitting in stop/go traffic on the highway)

I REALLY gotta drive like a granny to even get 20. I can see how the city mpg of the iq is really appealing but for that price they are nuts. And if I had to buy one and swap a smaller engine from japan (no visual inspections here), that pushes the price even higher.

Shift points on my rolla:

2nd gear: 5 mph
    3rd: 15 mph
    4th: 25 mph
    5th: 35 mph
    6th: need a 6th gear badly.

another thing I notice reading through the specs is 8.5 gallon fuel tank. I know the car is small but that mpg is too low for such a tiny tank. It will be empty in 4 days the distances I have to drive.
  15. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    gas light will probably turn on at 7-7.5 gallons left in the tank. 8.5 gallons wouldn't even get you from vegas to so cal which should be a minimum. it takes about 2-1/2 weeks for my need to stop at a gas station in the tdi. that's 500-540 miles.