1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

2003 corolla suspension

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by burbod01, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Offline

burbod01 New Member

Message Count:
    how stiff did you set your konis?
  2. Offline

fella Guest

Message Count:
    2003 corolla suspension

Hi! I have a 2003 Corolla S with Hotchkis springs and Koni Sport Shocks. The handling is great when im on the highway or cornering but here in Puerto Rico streets SUCK (filled with potholes) so I', thinking of going back to stock suspension (strusts & springs). I have the spring but the shocks I dont have, I have a guy that will give me his stock shocks (his car is brand new 04 corolla, not much milage) for my koni struts. My question is, can I use the stock springs I have laying around with the koni sport shocks? Will the ride suck? With the hotchkis springs right now the ride is so damn jumpy on streets (not on the highway) Someone please heeeeelp!!!

Thank you!
  3. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    i think it is better to either hav all sports setup or just all stock is better... but i think u can do koni shocks w/ stock spring... heheh u should just sell all the shocks and springs and go w/ airbag
  4. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    *Moved to Suspension*
  5. Offline

fella Guest

Message Count:
    just a half turn. But first I had the car with stock shocks & the hotchkis springs and the ride sucked ass. So I got the koni shocks and they told me it would feel better, but not as much as I wanted. So now they tell me if I use the stock springs and the koni shocks the car should feel almost as stock, but give me better handling. Is this true? I just want the damn car to stop being so jumpy!