1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine 1ZZ-FE Engine Mods

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by COROLLA1ZZ, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Offline

COROLLA1ZZ New Member

Message Count:
    If you are willing play you must be willing to pay$$$$$$$$............mwr big bore kits, rods,valves,valve springs,exhaust,sway bars,piggyback systems or stand alone ecu,turbo,super charger,n2o,bore tb,sr and cai fuel injectors,fuil pumps and think their are a few more
  2. Offline

Striker269 Guest

Message Count:
    1ZZ-FE Engine Mods

Hi!

I would like to ask what mods have you done on your 1ZZ-FE? it could be bolt on or not..

I'm currently looking for possible engine mods for my car.. and I have little idea where to start..

BTW, I have a 2003 Corolla ZZE-121.
  3. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    Hi.. We are producing a header for the 98-02 Corolla's as we speak.. Typically, your basic bolt on's are intake, exhaust, header.. you can do a few more like overbored throttle body, port & polish intake manifold... You can do piggyback computers such as Emanage or SAFC to fine tune your bolt on mods.. You can do head work (which can become costly)... You can go forced induction with a turbo... or you can go the quick and easy route of nitrous for that extra power when you want it.
  4. Offline

94rolladx Guest

Message Count:
    Amen to that...
  5. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    keep goin on that list... lol

I've got so much damn money into my rolla, lol ... but its fun so *shrug* all good
  6. Offline

Tampacorolla New Member

Message Count:
    Lolz...... Your guyz are funny, well, 1zzfe Engine Mod,here are the lists, First buy intake,exhaust,Full pipe 2.25,High flow Cat ,DC header. 2nd, buy a Apexi Power FC ECU reprogram from base, and bore kite(if you going to N/A) and (Supercharger and turbo to go boost). 3rd, Lower the piston to 7:1 with WISCO or TODAS, change Pulley and adjust the boost. and reprogram eCU, 4th, Change flywheel,short shifting, and clutch, 5) change bigger breaks front and back. 6) TRD Struct bar,Boss Water Injector, Better RD, TRD Rear Brac, 7)Carbon Hood,trunk, racing seats, Carbon doors from C-one, Tein Suspsion, bigger Rim, Performance tires, and Hood Scop 8) increase all the oil pipe, bor the throttle body, and take backup tire away, reduct all the weight......9) Reset ECU and change better coolant you are all done..... Ton's $$$$$ do all that mod, it will boost you up to 400WHP and 350LB torque and 9.7 1/4 miles test in England... I will post that link.. peace good luck...
  7. Offline

corolla81386 New Member

Message Count:
    too bad apexi doesnt make a power fc for the corolla
  8. Offline

Tampacorolla New Member

Message Count:
    hhahah go check the one for mr2 and Celica for 1zzFE engine that works.. cause i have one install in my car lolz :p
  9. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:

too bad with all that shit you wont come close to 400 whp..or even 350 lb ft of torque..

you said first get an intake exhaust and header, then you said go turbo, why the fuck would you get an intake if you're going turbo?!

it's funny how you said get 2.25" exhaust also..cause with turbo, you're gonna need more..and 400whp is kinda fairly land bullshit..you drive a damn corolla..try aiming for the 230 hp mark with all those mods..

just go turbo from the start and ditch all the other crap..

you put reset the ecu like 3 times in that list..

you have horrible spelling..wtf are breaks and struct bars

how would a hood scoop benefit us?

and good fucking luck doing a 9.7 on a corolla..

most street civics doing 5-600 hp aren't even doing 10's..and they're wayyyy more tuned than corollas..
  10. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    i'd like to see you run even 15 psi on your stock block..and you never said anything about swappin 3s-gte, you just said 400 whp..<br />
    <br />
    and the thread is <b>1zz-fe</b> engine mods..none of that 3s-gte bullshit..you think every member on this board has the $$$ to do a 3s-gte swap?
  11. Offline

Tampacorolla New Member

Message Count:
    Dude are you stupid something, I indicate Super Charger,Turbo and NA!!!! Turbo 2.5 to 3.0pipe size and N/A and Supercharger is 2.25 pipe size. READ Carefully. You don't believe 400WHP Car; I got a link for you, it shows that if you swap the 1zzFE engine to 3jSGTE engine you can boost to 400WHP and 380LB Torque. By the way, “Scoop” is for cooling proposes, by push more cold air into your engine bay and reduce heat. Depend what type your mod you are doing, stock 1zzfe can’t handle more than 18.9 PSI on your stock piston, that is why you low to 7.5:1 more lower compression more boost you can run, notice “ more boost no mean more horse, it depend on your setting.”
    Here is turbo Corolla link sorry it’s 600HP lolz :p
    http://www.fensport.co.uk/fensportcarsmain.htm
  12. Offline

Striker269 Guest

Message Count:
    Could you also give me sites where I can see these parts and mods?
  13. Offline

Tampacorolla New Member

Message Count:
    already post it :p
  14. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    stafford if you wanna wait 3+ months..=P
  15. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    shit 3+ would be good for them...more like prolly 9+ haha...

rolla mustange killer...go custom bro, u'll have the kit faster and more properly setup if u go 2 the right people and it'll be more reliable than stafford's will be cuz u will be able to set it up the way u want and do it properly, stafford jumped into it and didnt research their shit thoroughly and they tried to cut too many corners
  16. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I don't even know where to begin... uhmmm... 18.9 PSI on stock pistons? man, i'd love to see if that engine last more than an hour with 18.9 PSI running through it, maybe if you sleeved the cylinders, got forged pistons and a bunch of other stuff you could reliably run 18.9 PSI... but not on stock internals... never... omg... im not even gonna continue except to say to the person who started this thread, overlook what TampaCorolla said...
  17. Offline

Bishop4695 New Member

Message Count:
    <br />
    Not to be an asshole but, I've been lookin at a couple of posts that you commented on, why do you boast Hondas so much? Please explain.
  18. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    12 max on a stock block. Hell I'm scared shitless @ 10 (14.0 up here tho) - EVERYTHING on my engine can handle up to at LEAST 25psi EXCEPT my block, lol... pretty sad - i need to get on the ball with that. *shrug* lol
  19. Offline

Drummer426 Guest

Message Count:
    I understand raising a BS flag and all but there's no need to be rude about it. State your point but pointing out his grammatical errors or typos does not make your point any more valid. Again it just makes people more hesitant to post questions or replies on here.
  20. Offline

rolla mustange killer Guest

Message Count:
    i agree i dont want to read about peoples &quot;shit fits&quot; flaming other toyota corolla owners is so :lame: <br />
    <br />
    anyway here is my 1zzfe mod list<br />
    <br />
    venom recluse 400 nitrous kit (dry injection, 75shot) stock aluminium block lol<br />
    TRD CAI<br />
    TRD lowering springs (bad)<br />
    denso iridium plugs &quot;set up for nitrous&quot; colder spark bitch starting it up when its cold out<br />
    flowmaster 2.25 exhaust<br />
    EL proto header<br />
    17&quot; excel dl-46 rims<br />
    TRD short shifter kit, (made for celica works for corolla!)<br />
    <br />
    alot of the trd parts in the catalog for the matrix and celica work for the corolla<br />
    <br />
    wants: UR race pullies, TRD custom cam set up, forged pistons and rods, ehh screw it give me a turbo! <a href="http://www.turbo-kits.com" target="_blank">www.turbo-kits.com</a>
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    haha yeah i actually saw someone do that once... it was on an old turbo eagle talon they put a boost controler on it and set the psi up to 18!!! stock turbo stock internals, lets just say he got a block from the light, like a muther fucker and then blew a rod. omg it was nuts his car was smoking and everything right in the middle of the street. oil everywhere. they had to call the haz mat team to clean the oil up. damn i hope they didnt charge him for the clean up bill hahaha :)
  22. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    uh..turbo-kits.com sucks ass..most of their kits dont even fit..and require a lot of fabrication for the pipes
  23. Offline

Message Count:
    really? thanx man i really need to find someone who will build a kit for me tho... any idea?
  24. Offline

Message Count:
  25. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Its possible to get 400hp out of pretty much any engine, but that depends on how much planning and money you have. Keep us posted on your plans though, will be very interesting to see a ~400hp street (im assuming it'll still be used for street use) Corolla, very interesting indeed :)
  26. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    400 hp doesn't mean much if it only lasts for one run. MWR is set at 363 right now, i dunno if you can get that much farther. I would like to know why they went without the bore out. They must know something that made them go without it.
  27. Offline

byecop01 Guest

Message Count:
    Your a fucking bitch. Dont try to be an asshole when you dont know what your talking about.
    ITs easy to hide behind a forum.
  28. Offline

Message Count:
    yeah it'll still be for street use...well and track when i wanna have fun and see what it can do

we plan on it holdin' out for daily use...not just 1 run...lol...MWR had wrong specs done on their big bore kits and pistons and was fuckin' things up...i dont trust their work personally...but the blocks we r gonna have made or build will be all custom specs per each block to make sure it's all good...plus there will be head work and some other things perhaps (somethin MWR doesnt have)...should be interestin outcome
  29. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    haha look at you being all cryptic... LOL

that's funny, probably because I know what you're talking about... :D
  30. Offline

Message Count:
    just a sneek peek...the rest is on the low...don't worry i aint sayin shit bout the other stuff or the details