1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

1996 celica caught fire!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rjy87, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Offline

rjy87 Guest

Message Count:
    1996 celica caught fire!

wow. My friend has a 1996 celica st and he went out last night and when he woke up in the middle of the night it was burned to a crisp. I just went by it and looked it. Its crazy. Everything is burned to hell. Is definitly a junker. But the firewall did a hell of a job and the front end is pretty much intact. Now he has to find out if someone did this or if it was a problem with the car. I remember a post on here about this happenign to someone and burning their whole garage....can anyone tell me what happened in that case? And does anyone have an clue what this couldve been? Ive heard of cars burning before, but ive never had it happen to someone i know. Its pretty insane. If i get a chance ill try to take some pics or get some from him. Everything is gone. I couldnt believe it. Any suggestions on what it might have been would be great. Im gonna start searchign google for stuff liek this.
  2. Offline

Silver_Nitrate New Member

Message Count:
    man sorry to hear that. the fire fighters should be able to determine if that is a case or arson or not. Either way the insurance will take care of it.
  3. Offline

rjy87 Guest

Message Count:
    i got pics, ill post them tomorow in the afternoon
  4. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    damn thats crazy. a car in my dorm parking lot caught on fire
  5. Offline

babysupra03 Guest

Message Count:
    Here is a new celica that baked not to long ago
  6. Offline

rjy87 Guest

Message Count:
    the celica was the same thing as yours baby supra just an st, same color tho. watch out for random burning! haha. ill do the pics soon...
  7. Offline

babysupra03 Guest

Message Count:
    Dont curse my celica ;) i have the non-corolla engine ;) but mine will be a different color very soon. actually starts its transformation(sp?) tom. Yeah i would like to see some pics, and has he found out what is suspected?
  8. Offline

rjy87 Guest

Message Count:
  9. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    holysh!t...
  10. Offline

neonaiad Guest

Message Count:
    wow! i have never seen a burned car before like that close. that looks horrible. will his insurance pay for a new car or what?
  11. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    Aww man, poor Celica. :(
  12. Offline

Azn_SpICe New Member

Message Count:
    damn...what a close up....all i can say is OUCH!!! sorry to whoever owns it.
  13. Offline

rjy87 Guest

Message Count:
    he has no clue what the insurance is gonna do. They have to come inspect it. Since it was labor day weekend nothing got done all weekend and when it did happen the the police/firefighters came they looked at it for like 10 mins in the dark with flash lights and said "its offical the cause in undetermined" or something like that. Hell probably just get blue book value of the car