1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

194 leds

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Takeshi, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Offline

Takeshi New Member

Message Count:
    194 leds

has anyone tried these? if so, which one is better. i'm thinkin of using these for my gauge cluster. i need one that has both wide angle lighting and is white. when i say white i mean white not blue/white i know from experience that some of these are blueish white.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

anyone tried these on their cluster. i'm tired of glow gauges
  2. Offline

metlife622@yahoo.com Banned

Message Count:
    i tried amber LED's before but they suck, they are bright but only in one area and the light doesnt go far enough to light the entire area, i immediately went back to regular 194 bulbs
  3. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    If you used LEDs to replace the normal cluster gauges, you would only have certain lit spots...whereas, if you used the LEDs separate from the cluster gauge lights (for example: mounting them in front of your gauges projecting light onto their surface instead of shining light from behind) that would probably be the look ur going for...
  4. Offline

Takeshi New Member

Message Count:
    how do the newer corollas 2003 & up have white gauge lites?
    are those leds ?
  5. Offline

Gerson Back with another AE101

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    92 Lexus ES300; 95 AE101 Corolla
    I got PIAAs on my gauge cluster and they're pretty bright.
  6. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    The thing with LED's is the viewing angle is usually very narrow.. For gauge clusters I recommend sticking to regular bulbs. PIAA is good, Polarg bi hybrid are also good, might even be cheaper.
  7. Offline

Takeshi New Member

Message Count:
    so no one with a 03 and up looked inside their gauge cluster? what kind of bulbs are in there. i know they have white bulbs. what kind?
  8. Offline

Ninety Four New Member

Message Count:
    Does anyone know the diameter of the socket/base that attaches to 194 bulbs in the cluster of 7th gens?

I was looking at the T1.5 and B8.3D bulbs at SuperBrightLEDs.com (check out their measurements here and scroll down a ways to check the bulbs out here too) and they they actually include a base that attaches to the bulb.

I actually have blue LED bulbs in my cluster now and they work great. They have minor hot spots, but they're way brighter than the regular 194 bulbs the car came with. The only problem is that they have a habit of flickering on and off as they move around in the base that keeps them connected to the back of the gauge cluster. So if the base this website is selling fits the 7th gen cluster, I might just order the bulbs to avoid dealing with my own half ass craftsmanship. ;)
  9. Offline

cgreen38 Common sense, p

Message Count:
    I have blue lights in my cluster like that. They look great and they're bright as hell.
  10. Offline

Rolla95 Rollin' Out y0

Message Count:
    its not much wider that the 194 bulbs themselves, i just changed mine back to red