1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

185/60/14 Doral Tires?

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by Phan, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    1985 Maxima Blue RIP, 2000 Corolla White SOLD, 1993 300zx Conv. Pearl White DD, 2004 350z Roadster Pearl White DD
    185/60/14 Doral Tires?

Have you guys tried Doral tires? are they safety and reliable? I've check the website and non of them have Doral website. its made it Indonesia...
  2. Offline

94corolla-chafita uhh im a dude..

Message Count:
    hahaha wallmart brand is better dude.
  3. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Dorals? You mean cigarettes. LOL :D Don't go with no brand tires man. Your life rides on those.
  4. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    1985 Maxima Blue RIP, 2000 Corolla White SOLD, 1993 300zx Conv. Pearl White DD, 2004 350z Roadster Pearl White DD
    damn the guy at the wheel store told me it was like racing tires and shit, i had no idea he was getting some crap. i don't know anything about tire so i just went with it. i really dont' wanna cause a situation and stuff, so i just went along with the show.

so it stats on the tire

185/60/14 82H M+S
    Treadwear: 280
    Temperature: A
    Traction: A
    DOT 7BT0
    Steel Belted Radial
  5. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
  6. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    M+S rating with a 280 tread wear? thats a joke right? Even people in indonesia use Yokohamas.
  7. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    no thats not a joke!
  8. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    it must be.. i laff'ed
  9. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    costco ftw
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Autobacs FTW I have no idea why you didn't go there in the first place. You're really close to it. Santa Ana...
  11. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    cause they charge double the price... plus i had to repair the wheels i just bought and the guy at the wheel store gave me a good offer... never though he'd screw me over for a little bit more change in his pocket.

damn i've learn my lesson, i'll never buy cheap shit again. lol waste of money and time when i could of done it right the first time.

rollatuner is your tire 185? or 175? cause my tire is 185 and it looks a bit big in width. should i go with 175 next time?
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Mine are 205. I've got 205/50/15 to be exact.
  13. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    i have tires made in indonesia.. They don't grip one bit.. i'm scared to drive in the rain..
  14. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
  15. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    I used to have H rated tires before. Couldn't hold grip worth crap. I won't go lower than V rated now.
  16. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    thx i just hope i would never have to use it
  17. Offline

01rollas New Member

Message Count:
    Deep South, Texas , currently in Okinawa, Japan
    man Autobacs over here in Japan is freaking expensive! its one of the highest price carrying stores here in Okinawa.

hey Phan my 15's have the OEM staggered setup from the MR-2 with 185/50R15 front and 205/50R15 rear they are Bridgestone Potenza. just letting you know, just expect to pay a price for the smaller size though.
  18. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    does the 205/50/15 make your tire wider then your rear body? cause 185/60/14 makes the rear and the front on my car a teeny bit wider then the fenders and the rear.
  19. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    Wider than the fenders...? I had 195/50/15s on my Corolla, and they fit inside the fenders just fine.
  20. Offline

igorien2k New Member

Message Count:
    umm next time get a real performance tire. Its almost more important than suspension. Get Falken Azenis RT-615s or Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R's.
  21. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    i don't know, it just looks a bit wider lol
  22. Offline

Message Count:
    thats way overkill on a corolla. well if you have a car thats been barely modified...
  23. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    205/50/15's fit snugly inside my fenders. There were rubbing a little in the back, so I rolled the fenders. The wider the tire, the more contact with the road = more traction. Just don't go crazy with the sizes. 205 fits perfectly. It changed the stance of car. Has a wider footprint.
  24. Offline

01rollas New Member

Message Count:
    the rear tires are slightly wider that the fronts but not by much you have to reall pay attention to it to notice.A lso since my car is lowered all the way down it squats with the tires sitting inboard so it never hits the fenderwells. I already had the fenderwell lining rolled when I installed the 18's.

my bridgestones hate me when i take some hard ass turns especially when people are in the car.
  25. Offline

Message Count:
    Depends on which bridgestones you have. I've always been a big fan with bridge stone on tarmac. But yeah, bridgestones do use slightly harder rubber compound comparing to other tires in the same league so unless they are warmed up nicely, they do have the tendency to sqeal and slip a little (generally speaking). The other thing I don't like about bridgestones is they grip and grip and grip and you have a harder time feeling if the tires are wearing out compared to others.. and then all of a sudden at the end, you slip and slip and slip.. hehehe. Thats the experience i've had with bridgestones. But overall, They last longer and for the price you pay, you get good performance.

btw, i don't understand your how your comment related to my previous comment.. :)
  26. Offline

01rollas New Member

Message Count:
    my car is modified all around except for the body and the majority of the interior. most work is engine and trans and traction control system. Though it no longer has the turbo since it siezed up on me while it was sitting in the garage and I was over here in Japan.

i have the SO3 version sold by discount tire company. they grip a bit too much when compared to the RE something 90 tire model. they have less noise and work excellent in dry temps, i do not know about cold temps because it never gets cold in Texas down south. Bridgestone has been better overall compared to my BFGoodrich which are my other set of touring tires. The Falken's are great for high speed stability but they wear out too quickly and are expensive to repair/replace.