1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

09 Corolla S Factory alarm or Aftermarket

Discussion in 'Interior' started by |-Goku-|, Apr 9, 2008.

?

Which Alarm should I install

Viper 5701 W/Remote Start $750 Installed 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Factory Alarm W/Remote Start $1000 Installed 5 vote(s) 100.0%
  1. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    09 Corolla S Factory alarm or Aftermarket

I need everyones opinion on this Issue. So I would Appreciate everyones Input.

So Since I got my 2009 Corolla S. I need an Alarm as some of you might recall from my other thread.

I need to decide if I should get Either the Viper 5701 http://www.viper.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=105

Installed for $750...Includes remote start.

Or If I should got with the Factory Alarm, and Remote start, for $1000 Installed

The Price might be what some of you choose your opinion on, but what I need to decide is, Do I want an alarm that is just plug and play like the factory alarm, or do I think that I should be slicing into Wires in my brand new car. I'm wondering if the Alarm install places even have the wiring diagrams yet. I want to make sure its done very clean and I want to make sure that the Aftermarket alarm will work with the Trunk Release.

Please let me know of your Opinions :D

|-Goku-|
  2. Offline

dward3 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I voted factory alarm. If you have a top notch installer then go with the viper :D
  3. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    1985 Maxima Blue RIP, 2000 Corolla White SOLD, 1993 300zx Conv. Pearl White DD, 2004 350z Roadster Pearl White DD
    factory
  4. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    Found out from, the Dealer, that, when using the remote start system, When you remote start it, it will run for only 10 minutes, and you can do that twice, then you have to start the car with the key. AND when its remote started, the Cars stays locked but when you unlock it, it will turn off. Then you have to start it again, when your ready to leave.

With the Viper, I'm pretty sure that when you remote start it, your Doors stay locked, but when you go and unlock the car, it will not shut it off. All you do is put the key in the ignition, and put the Key in the Acc, or On Position and drive away.

The reason that I don't like the Starting twice is, doesn't that waste more gas?
  5. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    Need some more opinions :D
  6. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    go aftermarket and find a good installer. If you're not the one installing it then why would it matter if its a plug n play unit or not? Also the viper has a much longer range, why have remote start if you need to be practically standing next to the car just to start it with factory security?
  7. Offline

Azn_SpICe New Member

Message Count:
    I have the Viper, and so far, no problems......

I have started the engine from the house and after 10 minutes or so, it turns off (i don't usually take longer than 10 minutes tho, just once in awhile)

but yes, the car doors are locked, I would have to put the key in or just press unlock.

I have always thought the same thing (turning on the car means burning up the gas)...that's why I try not to make too many stops
  8. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    well its gonna be a close one I'm gonna have to find a good install place if I go with viper but how do I know if they will do a quality job??
  9. Offline

cheeseWhizz New Member

Message Count:
    dealers always over charge.. they wanted to charge me 1500 for my alarm..and 500 for some damn window tint. I vote getting a viper they are very quality alarms and remote starts and you wont get the mark up like you would from a dealer.
  10. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Go aftermarket and get a good installer. I never found factory alarms very appealing.
  11. Offline

cheeseWhizz New Member

Message Count:

Yeah me neither.
  12. Offline

zcorolla New Member

Message Count:
    make a friend with someone that works at best buy and have him get the alarm for you. then find a good installer. shouldn't be more thatn 500 that way. lol