1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

05 tundra 4.7 engine trouble question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blockead, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Offline

Blockead New Member

Message Count:
    Truck has 165k.

Engine won’t crank and won’t be turned over mechanically . It’s not the starter or head gasket. Need to replace with a remand engine but I’d like to know if anyone else had this happen and did they find out what broke- was theirs it something inside head and black?

Thank you

Blockhead
  2. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    SO, I know this is lateAF but I had an issue with my Tundra not starting recently and it seems like it's an issue with the auto-start. Not sure if you're experiencing similar but the following two scenarios happen:

1. Normal Start - bump the key, truck turns over automatically and cranks up then disengages the starter automatically
    2. Broken Start - bump the key, nothing happens. Hold the key to crank and it just turns over and over and over with no start.

If that's what you're experiencing, possible that the relay is giving you crap. last time this happened to me I opened up my fuse/relay box and was whackin some of the relays to see if something was stuck and the truck fired up on next try. Still working through this issue though, it just lost some momentum because it started working. lol