1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

03 corolla seating positions....

Discussion in 'Interior' started by CorollaULEV, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Offline

CorollaULEV Guest

Message Count:
    03 corolla seating positions....

My only gripes about my 03 Corolla are that driving is rather uncomfortable now. The steering wheel needs to come out some or the pedals need to be sunken back into the firewall a little more.

Anything I can buy to help out with this aside from a different car? Are there such things as steering wheel extenders?

Any way to lower the seats a little bit - bracket adapters or something like that???

Late,
    Trav
  2. Offline

03blackrollaLE Guest

Message Count:
    dunno about the seats....but i know they make steering wheel spacers. Im not sure how much it helps but i have that problem too. If you do buy one, let us know how it works out.
  3. Offline

sxlostv1 New Member

Message Count:
    the only right seating position....

slide the seat back or front enough for you to floor the pedals. then lean back or front to where u can lay your wrist completely onto the top of your steering wheel. im not saying to drive with your hand on 12'oclock but yeah, i read this from a racing website a while back.
  4. Offline

lonelydriver New Member

Message Count:
    rip out the footrest it makes it a bit more comfortable
  5. Offline

kwong2001 New Member

Message Count:
    I just wish the pedal were farther away. I drove my friend's STi the other day and when i had my feet in a comfortable distance away from the steering wheel, I found I was actually the perfect length away.

On the corolla, if you're the proper distance from the steering wheel, then your feet are absolutely scrunched. I did find that by making the back rest more vertical, i can get a good inbetween setting.
  6. Offline

CorollaULEV Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah...I second that. I'm tall - 6 ft. I have long legs and long arms, but it's the same situation. The most comfortable position for my legs is with the seat slid ALL THE WAY back - and then, the backrest is @ a 90ยบ angle to reach the steering wheel comfortably. If I lean back in a comfortable position, then I have to slide the seat to about 4-5 clicks from ALL THE WAY front to reach the steering wheel.

I either need a steering wheel extension (are these model specific, are there any made for our cars or will a universal deal work?) or I need to grow longer arms - whichever would be the easiest.

Trav